My damp hair just after washing. I still need a few more trims to even it out but i finally start to see some length :)
FIGHT FRIZZ FOR UP TO 72 HOURS!
New Joico Smooth Cure Smooths as It Strengthens, Without Chemicals
August 22nd, 2011
Take control of coarse, unruly and frizzy textures with the new Joico Smooth Cure. This sulfate-free, formaldehyde-free regimen features the breakthrough KeraShield Complex™, to safely tame all hair types without harsh chemicals. Here is the solution for salon clients who want Brazilian-smooth, soft, healthy-looking hair for up to 72 hours.
“With Smooth Cure,” comments Joico International Creative Director Damien Carney, “there are so many options. You can diffuse the hair, dry it naturally, blow dry and even set or curl it. No matter how the client wants to wear it, her hair is smoother and better conditioned with an incredibly luxurious texture.”
Smooth Cure is ideal for all hair types, from thick and coarse, to fine and frizzy. It’s lightweight enough for the finer textures, yet effective on thicker and curlier textures. The system provides 24-hour high humidity protection and reduces frizz by 79%.
The complete system includes two care products, one leave-in treatment and one styler. When used together, the regimen provides a highly effective and long-lasting solution for unwanted bulk and frizz:
• Smooth Cure Shampoo: This sulfate-free formula gently cleanses while reducing frizz, leaving hair dramatically softer and more manageable. It also sets the stage for a smooth hair surface that helps prevent damage from thermal, mechanical and environmental stressors.
• Smooth Cure Conditioner: An ultra-moisturizing, sulfate-free, conditioning formula, it reduces frizz on dry, damaged or chemically treated hair, leaving it touchable and manageable.
• Smooth Cure Leave-In Rescue Treatment: This concentrated, heat-activated treatment mimics the results of a keratin straightener, and replenishes lost protein. The result is stronger, smoother hair that remains protected from damage and resists the adverse effects of humidity.
• Smooth Cure Thermal Styling Protectant: Misted into hair before blow drying or flat ironing, this spray seals in the Leave-In Rescue Treatment for a flawless finish. It fights curl reversion and protects from humidity and thermal damage up to 450 degrees.
“This is a truly healthy regime,” comments Damien, “and it’s most effective when all of the products are combined synergistically. The Leave-In Rescue Treatment is critical—it really transforms the look and the feel of the hair. And don’t underestimate the power of the shampoo and conditioner—they make the hair truly easy to style. I love the Thermal Styling Protectant—even if I’m allowing the hair to air-dry, I’ll mist strands with a few spritzes they dry, to tame the texture. The more heat I use, the more spray I’ll use—it’s lightweight so you can layer it as needed.”
The Smooth Cure Technology
Smooth Cure features the groundbreaking new KeraShield Complex, a unique blend that nourishes, hydrates, strengthens and protects. KeraShield Complex contains:
• Tucuma Butter, which is rich in omega fatty acids, nourishes damaged hair and replenishes moisture and lipids.
• Brazilian Nut Oil, packed with powerful antioxidants, to restore the appearance of damaged dehydrated hair and replenish moisture.
• Hydrolyzed Keratin, which forms a strong, flexible smoothing shield on hair’s surface to repel humidity and protect against color fading.
• Quadramine Complex, Joico’s proprietary blend of low molecular weight and size proteins that protect and reconstruct hair from the inside out.
“Smooth Cure is perfect for clients who want the smooth feel and beautiful texture of a chemical smoother or relaxer,” comments Damien. “And for relaxer and straightener clients, it’s an excellent support regimen. It never leaves hair feeling heavy or greasy, and stylists and clients alike will love the smooth, shiny, long-lasting results.”
The photo was taken before i had it cut to a chin length bob about 16 years ago and i never made it to that length again thanks to stupidity aka . puberty aka. my useless need for change and i could totally kick my butt for it whenever i look at this photo. The color was amazing, too…
two more from today :)
looking like a hippy