I want to grow my hair out! Now what do i do?
- Sad but true , first you will have to get rid of all your split ends and extremely damaged hair. To make this a positive expirience you might want to look for a hairdresser who supports you on your long hair journey.
- Now it’s time to find the perfect products for your. You might have to try different products until you find what’s right for your hair and as you hair improves you might have to look for different products. It can be helpful to look up reviews online before you buy a certain product to see how it worked for other people. Essentially you’ll need a shampoo, a conditioner , a mask , a leave-in conditioner and an oil.
- To detangle your hair without damaging it you need a wide tooth comb and a boar bristle brush to distribute natural oils from the roots to the lengths (the brush is not recommended for curly hair).
- Wash your hair every sendond day or less as it dries your hair out and wet hair is weakerand can break easily.
- Don’t tease your hair and avoid heat (curling irons and straighteners are worsed, blowdryers should be used sporadicly and on low heat or cold). You can find many heatless ways to style your hair on this blog or on youtube.
- To avoid split ends wear your hair up most of the time especially when you sleep. Your hair loves buns,braids and updos! Vary your styles to avoid breakage due to pressure from hair ties & clips.
- Use hair accecories without metal parts to avoid breakage.
- Eat healthy to feed your hair from the inside out.
- Get a small trim when you notice split ends as these can not be repaired and will split further up.
- Don’ bleach or color your hair with chemical drye, it causes damage that can hardly be repaired.
Feel free to reply to this post if i forgot anything and i’ll add it!